Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One Tweety is Always Better Than 10

Narrative Writing with Personification


ONE TWEETY IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN 10

"Hello there! My name is Elvis Presley, although I'm known as Elvis to my friends. I am a red worm, one of the noblest species of worm on this grass. Or at least, the noblest worm I've met. What I don't understand is why this red and brown creature keeps on trying to get me!
"Do you know why? No, I'm assuming you don't since you are a lowly human, and I, an intelligent worm, does not understand! These smaller humans, not much smaller than you, have named this creature a 'Tweety Bird'. Why, that creature surely must be a tweety! Well then, how am I supposed to get rid of a tweety? Hmmmmmm..."

3 HOURS LATER

"mmmmmmmm..... I've got it! An excellent plan! It will require stealth, precision, and timing. Now, as you may or may not know by now, the tweety comes out PRECISELY at 6 o'clock. So, I will wake up at 5 o'clock. Are you with me here? Next, I will cross the hot and hard white grass filled with humans. Then I will hide, for it surely will be around six. Next, I will cross the black and yellow grass, making sure to watch out for the roaring and honking monsters. Now, you must be thinking,  'Oh, Elvis, this is all great and wonderful, but how do you plan to do this every day for your certainly short-lived life?' You see, young human, I am smarter than you, for I have a couple more steps."
"Next, I will enter a new kind of grass, not like the ones I have told you about before.This grass has many tall stalks, much taller than you or I, and rough. It also has many colored stalks of grass that do not seem to stay on the ground, but I will blend perfectly with them. How queer! Then I will live here for the remainder of my life. Now, is it not late? We must be getting to bed! For we must wake up early tomorrow if this plan is to work!"

THE NEXT MORNING

"OK, we are ready for the adventure of a lifetime! Lets go! Shh! Wow this is hot!!!" hot! hot!
' Augh!! Oh, thank goodness I didn't get stepped on. Okay, I need to hide now. AIEEE!! Hide! The dreaded tweety is out! Thank goodness I had time to hide or I would have been worm stew! Now let us continue."
This is just like the white grass except a different color. Maybe it isn't grass. Could it be... " AUGHHHH! Squirm as fast as you possibly can!!!!!!
' Squish'
"What just happened? I got rear ended? Oh no! How am I supposed to survive if my rear end is missing? Ugh!"
"Good that I made it through to the end safely except for that unfortunate incident with my rear end. WOW! The tall grass is even taller than I expected!"
Wow! This is awesome! A whole new freedom I've never felt before!
'Rustle'
What was that?
'Caw'
"Show me who you are!"
Suddenly 10 tweeties burst into the clearing where I was and grabbed every part of me except for my head! I burrowed into the ground, expecting them to finish me off.
"I should never have come here!"
One of the tweeties said, "Too bad! Now we can finish you off another day!"

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment